The Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center (JLAC), is leading a consortium of 4 Jerusalemite human rights and legal aid organizations dubbed as the Jerusalem Human Rights Consortium (JHRC). The JHRC has received a three-year grant from the EU East Jerusalem Programme (2020 – 2022).
We are looking for an experienced interdisciplinary advocacy and project management professional, with expertise in EU programme management to join our team as the JHRC Senior Advocacy & Programme Support Coordinator. You will be working closely with the Consortium Director, acting as the focal point for implementing our Consortium advocacy activities, and a major contributor to matters related to PCM, M&E, reporting, and grant management, and will analyse and present information for the Consortium team, and will oversee the proper and timely implementation of the Consortium activities, whether implemented by the Consortium team or through the Consortium partner organizations. You will contribute to reinforcing capacity of our Consortium PCM teams and promoting internal guidelines and policies. To be the ideal candidate you will posses outstanding research and writing skills, considerable experience in a large NGO/INGO, a proactive approach to strengthening the effectiveness of Consortium Programmes to support the marginalized Palestinian communities in East Jerusalem.
The Senior Advocacy & Programme Support Coordinator is the primary focal point for partner programme teams for issues related to M&E, reporting, and grant management. You ensure operational plans; deadlines, internal policies and regulations are well understood and applied by partner organizations. Through your support, capacity of Consortium programme teams is strengthened. You ensure the timely and appropriate reporting of Consortium and partners’ activities to your counterparts in the Consortium team and for regular internal and donor reporting.
In close cooperation with the Consortium Director, the Senior Advocacy & Programme Support Coordinator will be responsible for
- Coordinate the consortium advocacy effort and activities
- Contribute to the advocacy research needed for the consortium advocacy activities,
- Draft official letters, statements and position papers
- Lead the development of advocacy material, including conceptualization and content development
- Play a leadership role in the consortium advocacy committee, including the mobilization of human and organizational resources
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Oversight
- Through a rigor monitoring and evaluation system, developed in cooperation with the Consortium team, you will oversee the partners’ operational management in relation to the Consortium activities, and make sure that they meet donor and JLAC regulations. You will contribute to the spot checks of partner organizations, along with the Consortium staff.
- You will participate to periodic field visits to validate progress reports, identify problems and issues to address during Consortium management meetings, and steering committee meetings and make recommendations for improvement
- You will also be in charge of the development and management of the consortium database, including data collection and analysis
- You will be contributing to the development of the consortium operational plan, and partners’ action plans
- You will be leading the implementation of several consortium activities, making sure that the activities are implemented according to the action plan, budget and regulations
- You will be assisting partner organizations programme staff in PCM related inquiries
- You will be contributing to the internal reporting, including data collection from consortium partners
You will be contributing to the grant management process, including but not limited to:
- Keeping track of the overall programme operational plan, and individual partners’ action plans
- Keeping track of all PCM deadlines and contractual commitments; both internal within the consortium and external towards donors
- Process partners’ narrative reports and payment requests
You will contribute, in cooperation with the Finance Manager Senior finance officer and under the supervision of the Consortium Director, to preparing periodic internal narrative reports of the Consortium, to be submitted to the Consortium Director and Steering Committee, and the donor narrative reports and payment requests as per donor regulations and contractual obligations.
You will contribute to the capacity building of the consortium partners’ operational teams, where you will be providing regular guidance and oversight.
You will be participating to the joint capacity building activities targeting the consortium partners’ finance and programme staff in relation to donor and JLAC guidelines and regulations.
Reporting and Communications
As the Consortium Projects Coordinator, you will report directly to the Consortium Director. You will also work closely with the Consortium Finance ManagerSenior finance officer. Moreover, you will coordinate with the partners’ operational teams in relation to Consortium activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in Programme Cycle Management within a local or international NGO.
- Proven experience in advocacy, lobbying and/or communications
- Masters Degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in EU Funded programmes and/or in human rights and legal aid;
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the Human Rights context in East Jerusalem and Palestine in general
- Knowledge of the civil society and the NGO scene in Jerusalem and Palestine in general
- Knowledge of Grants management
- Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Experience in local and international advocacy and lobbying
- Knowledge of key donor reporting requirements (EU, DFID, other international donors) is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Access required
- Experience in database management is a plus
- Strong narrative reporting and drafting skills
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including cross-cultural experience
- Good leadership skills and strategic orientation
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Excellent management skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Valid drivers’ licence is a plus
Location: you will be based at either of JLAC’s Ramallah headquarters or Jerusalem office, with frequent travel between the two offices.
Duration: Fixed-term, from March august 2020 anticipated to Jan 2023 (project-funding dependent)
You’ll be working with the Jerusalem Legal Aid and Human Rights Center and its partners within the Jerusalem Human Rights Consortium. JLAC is a high impact human rights organization that works hard to protect the basic human rights of Palestinians in the West Bank including Jerusalem through legal representation, legal services and advocacy. Since our creation in 1974 we have worked across the West Bank including Jerusalem to improve protect the livelihoods of marginalized communities and individuals and helping them in attaining their rights to housing, preventing home demolitions, residency rights, public services and social and economic rights.
About what’s on offer
JLAC offers a competitive package and an attractive working environment, as an equal opportunity employer, welcomes applications from all Palestinian nationals and residents.
Senior Advocacy & Programme Support Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم
14 – Jul – 2020
To be considered, applicants are requested to send an up-to-date CV and cover letter to the following email address:
Please make sure to include the job title (Consortium Projects Coordinator) in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: (14/07/2020 23:59 Jerusalem local time), applications beyond this deadline will not be considered. Due to the urgency of filling this post, applications will be processed on a rolling basis, thus candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are attached, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test, successful candidates will be invited for a personal interview.