Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
For 12 months with possibility of extension
The overall responsibility is to support the Base logistician in following up all logistic fields in terms of procurement, fleet, equipment, and IT.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Evaluate the transport needs of Action Against Hunger Gaza and coordinate requests for extra vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with the necessary equipment and documentation according to the fleet Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure the usage of the daily vehicle checklist to identify possible problems with the fleet early on and ensure vehicle safety is maintained at an optimum level.
- Ensure regular and ad-hoc maintenance of the Action Against Hunger Gaza fleet is undertaken and make a record of any maintenance undertaken.
- Be the focal point for the new “Fleet Tracking System” at the base level.
- Communicate with base logistician regarding accidents or incidents to ensure necessary information and reporting is provided, and to resolve any possible disputes if any.
- Ensure that monthly fleet reporting is done and follow up on issues that arise from this (High fuel consumption, inaccurate recording in the logbook
- Prepare monthly vehicle cost report, including summary of vehicles’ situation.
- Ensure the maintaining of the garage and parking area, and stock room which includes the unused items.
- Perform all the driver’s tasks in case of his absence, including ensuring the vehicles are fueled and cleaned regularly, ensure the accurate recording of information, do the vehicles’ daily/ weekly/ monthly check according to the forms.
- Prepare and execute the procurements in the base.
- Ensure the respect of the deadlines for all procurements related to the base.
- Purchase office supplies and organize the payments of invoices to the suppliers for the direct procurements.
- Deal with contractors and suppliers to ensure technical specifications and arrange deliveries on site for the direct and negotiated procurements
- Deliver and collect quotes for the direct and negotiated procurements when necessary.
- Participate in updating the PFU (Procurement Follow Up) on monthly basis.
- Inspect items delivered and deal with contractors regarding back orders and missing or damaged goods for the direct procurements.
- Prepare procurement requests and supplier purchase orders for the procurements.
- Justify the cash advances with admin department and keep monitoring the direct purchase process.
- Give support in the analysis of the market
- Analyze the need and develop Framework Agreements
- Support in the creation and edition of the contracts with suppliers
- Coordinate the request upper base
- Ensure the scan the closed Purchase Dossier and upload on the No Hunger Forum (NHF).
Equipment & Inventory:
- Maintain/update Gaza base equipment list.
- Undertake inventory checks and update inventory lists in Gaza base, Undertake stock card control.
- Maintain IT, Hardware, Software, cameras, UPS and communication equipment in Gaza base within 24 hours.
- Deal with the internet provider regarding any problems.
- Maintain/update Gaza base backup process and coordinate with the capital.
- Provide staff with required equipment and receiving all returned items and equipment.
- Ensure Gaza base is stocked with the appropriate working equipment.
- Develop the needed equipment list for new proposals.
- Ensure the communication during all field movements are possible.
- Follow up all ICT related problems in the base and ensure the proper use of Action Against Hunger assets.
- Assist the base logistician in making sure that Gaza base is a safe working environment. (first aid kits, fire extinguishers, hibernation kits)
- Assist the base logistician in preparing the monthly logistics cash forecast and send to the admin department
- Coordinate with contractors and suppliers to ensure maintenance and repairs are undertaken.
- Being the focal point for all generators’ issues (maintenance follow up, fuel and monthly cost report).
- Follow up the alarm system issues.
- Follow up all office running costs.
- Support base logistician in preparation of the monthly logistics report.
- Support in the development of logistics inputs at proposal stage.
- Support in the preparation and implementation of training sessions for stakeholders.
- Support in the response to the internal compliance mechanisms (preventive controls) & to external audits.
Security & Liaison
- Support ensuring the compliance with Local Standard Operating Procedures
- Support in the collection of information related to security and context analysis
- Contribute to the update of the documents in the security package
- Follow up and liaise with the authorities (permits, daily movements, etc…)
- Supervise directly the Driver/ Fleet & Premises Assistant and the cleaner, ensure day to day management and yearly evaluate the performance and skills development of his/her team
- Acting as base logistician during her/his absence.
- Helps in translating documents when needed
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, procurement, information technology or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in logistics especially in procurement, IT management and fleet management either in NGOS or private sector. Experience dealing with safety and security is requested.
- Knowledge in humanitarian or emergency programming is compulsory.
- Knowledge of major humanitarian donors and donor compliance issues is a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Good managerial skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and team worker.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Very good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and networks
آخر موعد للتقديم
03 – Oct – 2020
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 03/10/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.