TERMS OF REFERENCE
External Technical Consultant (Reproductive Health Expert)
Project/ Reproductive Health project
« Ensuring the continue of care through strengthening the access to a full package of reproductive health services for most vulnerable populations in Gaza ».
Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus. For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde France (MdM F), a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the populations living in most vulnerable situations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organization do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In SRH, MDM F have developed a comprehensive strategy, aiming to support Primary Health Care Centres through capacity building, to provide quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services, with a full integration of GBV and MHPSS services, within a global right cantered approach. Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
Starting date: 1st of November 2020
Type: Service contract (Consultant)
Duration: 2 Months.
- Objective of Consultancy
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator and with the technical support of Medical Coordinator, the advisor will be responsible of MdM SRHR team and program and ensure a quality implementation of SRHR projects in accordance with MdM strategy for SRHR and to coordinate with MOH concerned department to ensure the proper follow up of the project .
- Coordinate with MOH for all project technicalities and time plan of the activities.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate SRHR activities and ensure that SRHR projects are developed as planned following quality and MdM criteria, adjusting MdM activities and SRHR resources to the needs; for both when implemented by MdM staff or indirectly through partners.
- Develop and adapt specific didactic SRHR materials for capacity building activities.
- Organize and provide training events related to SRHR (group training sessions, refreshment courses, on-the-job training, workshops and other scientific events). Be responsible of changes related to new modalities of the implementation.
- Represent MdM in technical/strategic meetings with local partners (Ministry of health, international organizations, NGOs, etc.) in coordination with the medical and program coordinators
- Conduct regular field visits to the project activities when it is possible
- Justification of this Consultancy (External Technical Consultant (Reproductive Health Expert)
- The above defined tasks (objectives) need specific human resource to be allocated to implement those tasks.
- The creation of the SRH package would need a high experienced technical person
- Preconception care training would need a special expertise
- Creating SRH flowcharts requires a doctor with experience in SRH full chain of services
- Methodology, Setup and Communications
This consultancy is task based which means that the consultant will be required to prepare the different materials, sharing them with MdM Team for validations externally by email, at the same time the consultant have the possibility to use MdM Office for his work, due to the shortage of electricity.
- The consultant will be required to commit to contract requirements based upon this ToR`s
- The Consultant will be required to work as part of the intervention team (MdM SRH Team and MdM Medical Coordinator and the Field coordinator)
- The consultant will be required to commit to MdM Action.
- The Consultant will be in direct communication with MdM Medical Coordinator and Field Coordinator as the official communication channels.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- External Technical Consultant (Reproductive Health Expert Profile )
MDM is looking for a qualified service provider (individual) with the following characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine & Gynecology and obstetrician.
- experience in preconception care, Antenatal, Postnatal, Family planning and gender base violence.
- Capacity to organize & conduct training.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
- The contractor should insure his communications, Transportations, stationary, laptop, and all possible unforeseen tools needs.
- This is an external service which is task based. The consultant will be required to present at MdM Office in Gaza 4 days per week for a technical meeting (6 hours)
- This contract applies only for individual applications, not for companies.
Qualified Applicant must provide MDM with financial offer in addition to the CV , by Email to:
Please reference the job title as MDM/ Reproductive Health Expert /GZA/2020 in the subject line of your Email.
Dead line for receiving the application is Sunday 25th of October , 2020
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the consultancy will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all candidates for their interest in MDM