The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Place of Employment : Jerusalem
Contract duration : Open-ended (including 3 months’ probationary period)
Occupation rate : 100%
Starting Date : August 2019
· Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to the ICRC’s reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the region, contributing to their analysis through the delegation’s environment scanning.
· With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develops tools for public and digital communication, information analysis/environment scanning, and local media engagement.
· Contributes to defining communication objectives, strategies and plans of action, in line with the delegation’s priorities and strategy.
· Supports Communication Coordinator and Media Delegate in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents the ICRC to various audiences.
· Organizes media outreach activities.
· Acts as one of ICRC’s spokesperson for Palestinian media as well as regional Arabic speaking media.
· Contributes to various reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education & professional experience:
· University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations or journalism.
· Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic and, when applicable, Hebrew is an asset.
· Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office); familiarity with digital communication tools.
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication, such as PR and media
· Experience in an ICRC operation an asset
· IHL knowledge an asset
· Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in the Middle East
آخر موعد للتقديم
26 – May – 2019
Interested applicants must submit a résumé, a motivation letter and copy of academic degree obtained & work certificates, in English, no later than 26th of May 2019 to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: JER Com Officer_Application_Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply