Catholic Relief Services
Jerusalem, West Bank, & Gaza (JWBG)
SCOPE OF WORK
Consultant: Bio-Medical Engineering Services
for the Technical Inspection of Medical Equipment & Supplies for the
COVID-19 Emergency Response
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is implementing a $5M, 6-month program funded by USAID to help mitigate the spread and impact of COVID-19 in the West Bank. The program has two key components: 1) supporting public and charitable health facilities to effectively respond to COVID-19; and 2) supporting vulnerable households to practice safe behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19. CRS is working in close coordination with the Palestinian Ministry of Health and the Health Cluster on the response.
The project is supporting 15 Ministry of Health (MoH) and NGO health care facilities (HCF) in the West Bank to get equipped with medical equipment and supplies to effectively respond to COVID-19. A local tender for equipment was released and suppliers are expected to deliver items directly to targeted hospitals in October. CRS is seeking the services of a qualified consultant bio-medical engineer to assist in technically inspecting deliveries, installation, and training to confirm that it meets all necessary requirements to process payments.
Specific Tasks Required:
- Inspect medical equipment, devices, and supplies at various locations across the West Bank (suppliers’ warehouses, hospital sites, etc.) to confirm that it meets the specifications included in the Purchase Order.
- Monitor, technically review, and confirm that any installation of and training on equipment, devices, and supplies is provided according to industry standards.
- Work with CRS, Contractors, and Ministry of Health representatives to identify and resolve any technical discrepancies or deficiencies.
- Complete project documentation related to the work described above.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Consultant:
- Certificate in bio-medical engineering or related field
- At least five years of experience in bio-medical engineering specifically for health care facilities, i.e. extensive experience in specifications and installations that are adjusted to the medical context, ideally for the Ministry of Health or other NGO hospitals.
- Experience with the local market including vendors, local products, and service providers.
- Experience with procurement regulations of USAID is preferred.
- Technical inspection of bio-medical items delivered as well as installation and training
- Periodic problem-solving meetings between CRS & MoH’s engineering team, as needed
- Project documentation to confirm the above, according to CRS requirements.
Location of the Work:
The work will primarily be done in the field at suppliers’ warehouses and the 15 targeted health care facilities across 7 governorates of the West Bank. Some work may be done from home and there may be periodic meetings with MoH representatives and CRS staff in Ramallah.
This consultancy is expected to require approximately 4 hours per day on an “as-requested” basis between 1 October – 15 November 2020.
The Consultant will report directly to the COVID-19 Emergency Coordinator on all aspects related to this consultancy, while also coordinating with CRS’ Health Care Facility Consultant and CRS operations team coordinating with suppliers.
The consultancy rate shall be proposed by the engineer per working day (where a working day is 8 hours) paid after the end of the consultancy according to the total days worked per aggregated working hours.
General Rules & Conditions:
- Consultant shall use his/her own car, computer, mobile phone, internet, office supplies, and workspace in the execution of the work and shall include any costs associate in the daily-rate proposed.
- CRS has the right to request modifications/negotiations after awarding decision.
- CRS is NOT committed to the least price offer and has the right to cancel or re-advertise this TOR without explicating the reasons.
- CRS may select more than one consultant(s) to complete the full scope of this ToR. If this is the case, the components for which each individual / firm is responsible will be made clear in each respective contract.
Tentative Dates: *
- Submission deadline: 29 September 2020, 2:00 pm
- Selection decision: 30 September 2020, 4:00pm
*Final dates are subject to change based on Consultant selection and start date of the project.
Bio-Med Engineer Consultant
آخر موعد للتقديم
29 – Sep – 2020
رام الله والبيرة
How to Apply: Interested applicants with relevant experience and qualifications are encouraged to submit an application as follows:
- Application form and complete Terms of Reference is available at (jobs.crsjwbg.org)
- Applications will be accepted from candidates specialized in bio-medical engineering or related field.
- Submit an application that includes at minimum:
- CRS Consultancy Form (see template below) – inclusive of references and financial offer. Prices should be in New Israeli Shekels and must be valid up till 90 days after the submission date.
- CV highlighting relevant experience
- Please submit your complete application online at: (jobs.crsjwbg.org) no later than 29 September 2020 @ 2:00PM.
- The successful bidder will sign all donor required documents.
- CRS reserves the right to reject all bids, and to decide not to pursue this procurement.
- CRS is not obliged to procure the lowest priced offer, when the lowest price does not offer the best overall value and all other factors considered.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer, where qualified women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.